- All submissions must be sent to [email protected] by the issue deadline.
- Include the following information in the subject line: Submission Type – Issue – Your Name – [e.g. Photo Submission - Fall 2012 - John Doe]
- Submit by attaching the low-res files to your email separately – Please, NO ZIP FILES OR DOWNLOAD LINKS! We will NOT download any files and your story will remain unseen.
- If we do request high-res images, only then are zip files and download links acceptable. Keep in mind, when we say high-res, our page sizes are 8.5″ x 11″ at 300 dpi, so photos must be sized accordingly.
- Be sure to include a title for your photo story, along with team & clothing credits (where applicable) – For team credits, list all related agencies & management firms.(e.g. Photographer: John Doe, Model: Jane Doe @ ABC agency, etc.) – For clothing credits, list each article of clothing featured, along with the designer/brand name. If your stylist cannot list where they found an item, it will be listed as from their “stylist collection” or as “stylist’s own.”
- All credit information should be sent as a Word document or a readable PDF. – Be sure to list them with the corresponding file name, so we know which photo you’re referring to. (e.g. Photo_123: Forever 21 top, Zara heels, etc.)
- Please double-check to make sure all credit information is accurate! It will be published exactly as sent. Any errors will not be our responsibility.
- We strongly prefer editorials that either feature High Fashion items or those of an stablished designer or brand. (Though, we will occasionally make exceptions if the quality of the editorial is strong.) Beauty & Make up shoots are more than welcome, too!
- For High fashion submissions, DO NOT submit a set of images with models wearing the same look. That is not a fashion story & it will be rejected. Models should wear a variety of hair/makeup looks for beauty submissions as well.
- Try to include many different image types in your editorial. (landscape as well as portrait – full-length, close-ups, 3/4-length, etc.)
- Nudity is allowed, however it must be implemented in a tasteful and non-vulgar manner.
- Images should not have been published through any other form of print or online media (with the exception of your own promotional tools – your website, blog, portfolio, cards, etc.)
Please be patient! We receive a lot of submissions and cannot respond to every email. We will only contact photographers/artists whose work we are interested in using. However, please do not assume just because we follow up to request high-res images, that we will automatically publish your material.
In addition, by submitting to us, you grant us the right to publish your material in the way that we see fit, whether in print or on our website. FIM reserves the right to select all, some, or none of your submitted images for publishing. Although, there will be some instances where photos that don’t make it into the magazine are published on our website, we cannot guarantee that your images will be used at all. If we choose not to publish your images, it will likely be for one of the following reasons:
- Your submission did not adhere to our guidelines
- The quality and/or style of your images were not right for our magazine
- Your images did not fit the issue’s theme or season
- Your submission was too similar to another story we are planning to use for the issue
- We reached our maximum page count for that particular issue
Our decision to use your images can change at any given time leading to final edit. The editor’s decision is final, so please make sure you’re comfortable with these conditions before submitting.
FIM does not pay for submitted content. Any expenses you incur to shoot your editorial are your responsibility. Furthermore, we do not provide complimentary print copies for featured submissions. If your work is chosen for publication in the magazine, you will be able to purchase a copy of the magazine and/or download the full PDF version of the issue in which your work was featured. We can also email your digital files, upon request.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
By submitting your work to FIM, you (the photographer or artist) retain full copyright of the submitted images, but grant us exclusive publishing rights for a minimum of 24 consecutive months, following the initial publication date. During this time period, the images supplied through the submission process can only be published for your own promotion – your website, blog, portfolio, cards, etc. If published through any other sources, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Model Mayhem, Tumblr, etc.) the images should be credited to FIM. After the aforementioned 24-month period, FIM will retain non-exclusive publishing, promotion, usage and licensing rights, across all forms of print and online media used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of FIM content.